Friday, June 6, 2008

~My Mentor - Vixsilver Yoshikawa~


I thought I should blog about my friends as they are the ones that make this SL game all worthwhile! I decided to dedicate my first post (on friends) to someone who was there to help me up and be strong and most importantly, to be a genuine friend in the virtual world.

Vix, like me, is a Singaporean too. A newbie me bumped into her in a shop (if my memory doesn't fail me). I was asking in public chat for help. She was very helpful to come to me and subsequently, we have been friends since then! Oh yes, have I mentioned my first Linden dollar came from her? She gave me L$200 when she knew I needed it just in case. So thoughtful of her really. :)

Vix has a keen sense for fashion and beautiful things, and this has gotten her a position with BareRose. :) See her blog site in my picks! ^^ Anyway, she helped me with my makeover - got rid of my newbie stiff hair, freckled pale yellow skin etc. Sounds too familiar! Yep! It's the default skin that every newbie has!

As you can expect, we spent lots of time shopping, contributing to the SL economy (surely we can garner the good SL-tizens award? lol) and bitching around. LOL. But she was also there when I felt lost. I was going through a hard time in my first SL relationship which was unexpected in the first place. Vix was a listener and a good adviser too. She was there when I needed someone to talk to.

There was once when I was at Vix's place and I was having a fight with him at the same time. She was very considerate and thoughtful and such a dear when she exited her house so that I could sit down on her couch and type in peace! Hard to believe huh? Yes...she's Vix. One reason why I wish to be her RL friend is this trait of hers - that she's a very genuine person who does not see the need to conform to societal rules and ever so ready to help a friend in need and is sincere about it - someone who is quite hard to find in RL and even more so in SL!

There are so many things apart from the above traits that she possess - she's talented, has an artistic flair, generous, humorous, fun, wild blah blah blah...

Vix, this is a tribute to you, for being there for me all the time, for never forsaking me as a friend, for all the knowledge you have generously shared. I know I can be quite persistent in my asking of questions, which can get the most patient person to feel anything but calm, but you have shown such great patience with me when you taught me things (though I truly suspect you nearly burst your blood vessels!).

For all these, I love ya! :) I'm heterosexual...just to clarify. lol

No comments: